The 2017 global holiday schedule has been posted to Covance.com. Please remember that local courier service (pickup and delivery) may be limited prior to, during and following observed holidays in the country to which you are shipping specimens.
It is imperative that you check local service schedules in advance of the holiday.
Holiday reminders, as well as contact information for various Covance Investigator Support offices and couriers can be found at: http://www.covance.com/customers/investigators/investigator-study-team.html
Listed below are important considerations when planning your patient visits during the holidays.
- Your courier service reserves the right to observe earlier than usual pick-up times during the holidays. Call your courier service for local pick-up schedules.
- During the December/National holidays, schedule your pickups in advance of the holiday where possible
- Call early in the day to schedule your pickup.
- When a holiday is observed on Monday, avoid laboratory collections on the preceding Saturday (i.e. Labor Day). (Not applicable to Japan)
- Frozen specimens should NOT be shipped on the day before the observed holiday. Send frozen specimens on the next available business day. (Not applicable to Japan)
- If shipping specimens on Friday, mark the air waybill for Saturday delivery. (Not applicable for Japan)
- Specimens with short stabilities (eg. lymphocyte subsets, reticulocyte counts, etc.) should not be collected on the day prior to the holiday. (Not applicable to Japan)
- For sites with 24 hours delivery time to Covance, do not schedule any shipment 24 hours before one of the dates on the next pages. (Not applicable for Japan)
- For sites with 48 hours delivery time to Covance, do not schedule any shipment 48 hours before one of the dates on the next pages. (Not applicable for Japan)